ACTANT FOREST is a decentralized design research collective forming teams for each project. Through an interdisciplinary and holistic approach, we seek to deeply understand both natural and urban environments, and by transcending the boundaries between the two, to make valuable proposals for contemporary life in the midst of rapid change.
Green City Management
We support sustainable urban development with a focus on creating forests, or biodiversity hubs.
- Urban forest (tree planting/cultivation) management support
- Urban development concept planning
- Green infrastructure research and analysis
Sustainable Service Design
We design the service experience required for ESG management and impact investing based on various design methods.
- Sustainable service concept and guideline planning
- Circular service experience design
- Branding, communication design
Multispicies Design Lab
We propose new solutions to promote biodiversity based on experimental design research.
- R&D planning and operation support
- Development of green space cultivation design kit
- Development of symbiotic design method
Awards & Exhibitions
Through projects that team up with companies, we provide design support that responds to society’s need for sustainability.
- Kume Sekkei Co., Ltd.
- Mitsui Fudosan Co., Ltd.
- Tokyu Corporation